play.ageofruin.net

currently playing

supervised_user_circle

Discord Server

Population

BoxaRocks

Jun 29, 2020
Kinda new to the server, but from what I understand every nation has a population cap of 15. Correct me if I'm wrong in that.

But 15 seems kinda small, not for minor nations, but for nations like the HRE who have literally all of Germany, a known densely populated area of Europe, or even the world. Amd nations that span large areas should have larger population caps. This can be done based on infrastructure or size.

Reactions: MAGA

choochoo500

May 13, 2020
MA
Kinda new to the server, but from what I understand every nation has a population cap of 15. Correct me if I'm wrong in that.

But 15 seems kinda small, not for minor nations, but for nations like the HRE who have literally all of Germany, a known densely populated area of Europe, or even the world. Amd nations that span large areas should have larger population caps. This can be done based on infrastructure or size.
I disagree. The member cap is somewhat working in bringing members to smaller nations that need members. The HRE is currently fine with 15 members, and I haven't seen many complaints.

(To salty people who are like "But you don't want members, Choo!" Yes, I don't right now)

Reactions: Lord_Noot

Pav33

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Sep 30, 2019
I disagree. The member cap is somewhat working in bringing members to smaller nations that need members. The HRE is currently fine with 15 members, and I haven't seen many complaints.

(To salty people who are like "But you don't want members, Choo!" Yes, I don't right now)
I /sort of/ agree with choo here. As someone who used to be in the HRE faction, I know it's been at the cap for most of the server's existence, but thats more so people bringing in friends that might not play that often, and then when a new, more active person wants to join, and the friend is inactive, they switch places so to speak. Raising/lowering caps for nations will cause a bit of an upset in the community, as factions will be spliced or enlargened. We need a strong France, but currently they have no active members.

Umejii

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sep 18, 2019
Belgium
www.umejii.com
We're in a tough spot because large nations exist with no members, whilst other large nations are advocating for even bigger caps. In the meantime, you have small nations that sit at a very low amount of players. We're hoping, as the server grows, a balance will be created that allows us to raise the cap.

BoxaRocks

Jun 29, 2020
This makes more sense now, but I still recommend having a plan for this for if/when you grow to a sustainable size in all factins.

choochoo500

May 13, 2020
MA
This makes more sense now, but I still recommend having a plan for this for if/when you grow to a sustainable size in all factins.
They've got plans to make plans. That's just how this server works. We don't have plans for stuff, we have plans for plans.

Rashidamon

Apr 4, 2020

The cap of 15 members is already good because most nations that hit the cap usually have at least five extremely inactive members that they can kick, plus the server still hasn't populated important and big nations such as Castilla-León, Fatimids, France, England, Norway and Sweden (they have a leader but few members), and now the Almoravids and Seljuks because they are supposedly desintegrating. The cap has always been here and no one complained about any flaws until now.