currently playing

supervised_user_circle

Discord Server

Accepted Pav33's Character Introduction

Pav33

Sep 30, 2019
Personal Information

Full Name
Agostín Larianes i Mieras (or simply, Agostín Larianes) 4 May, 1066 (28 April, 1066 Julian)

Family
Cisco Larianes i Capella (Father | Died 1080)
María Mieras (Mother | Died 1087 )
Isabella Larianes (Wife* | Died 1094)
Agostín Larianes (Son | Living, b. 1086)
Cisco Larianes (Son | Living, b. 1089)
María-Isabella Larianes (Daughter | Living, b. 1092)
Cesare Larianes (Son | Stillborn, 1094)
*There were a reasonable amount of bishops who were married and had children, as celibacy didn't become strictly enforced until the 1200s. Ísleifur Gissurarson was the First Bishop of Iceland, had three daughters and a wife, and died less then 25 years before the start of the server

34 (b. 4 May, 1066 [28 April, 1066 Julian])

Sexuality
Heterosexual

Titles
Bishop of Zaragoza or Huesca* (pending approval by Pope Willatron)
*Whichever will be capital of Aragon, as historically Huesca is capital at this time, but it's moved to the in my opinion more prominent city of Zaragoza in less then 20 years

Appearance

Height
2 m

Hair Color
Light Brown

Eye Color
Bluish-Gray

Traits

Scholarly Theologian
Scholarly Theologian

Drunkard
Stressed

Stressed
Stressed

Architect
Architect

Quick
Quick

Groomed
Groomed

History

Agostín was born in Huesca, to a family with roots to the Vandalic Kingdom who had assimilated into the local population a hundred or so years before his birth. It is thought that even the family name, Larianes, was a corruption of the Catalan els arians, "the Arian (Christians)". He was raised a devout and upright Christian of the United Chalcedonian Church, one that tore itself apart soon after his birth. His father, a carpenter, died in an accident when he was 14, causing the young boy to fall into despair. Being members of the upper class, he was able to be sent to a local monastery, receiving religious and secular instruction, giving him also a chance to overcome his grief. There he fell for a local girl, whom he married in 1086. Their first son was born the next year, the same year his mother would die, leaving him a notable inheritance. With this he started an architectural practice. While talented at his craft, Agostín's business oppurtunities where slim, as the war-ridden chaos of pre-Reconquista Iberia had little need for architects. He then used the rest of his wealth to attend seminary in Rome, being ordained in 1092. His wife, however, would die two years later during childbirth. The child did not survive as well. Though stressed and despondent, he threw himself into his work as a priest, moving to Zaragoza where he became a theologian of some note. In 1100, he was appointed an assistant to the local Bishop, and in 1101 upon his sudden death he would accede to the Archepiscopate.

Umejii

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sep 18, 2019
Hello @Pav33,

Your application has been marked as pending. This does not mean it has been accepted, nor does this mean it has been denied. However, we will hold off on our decision until your role has been confirmed by @Willatron.

Reactions: Willatron

Pav33

Sep 30, 2019
Per Will's request, I will omit the last sentence of my character biography, as he doesn't want to make any appointments right out of the gate which I can respect.

Umejii

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sep 18, 2019
Hello @Pav33,

We are glad to report that we have come to the conclusion to accept your application!
For any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Thank you for applying!